Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011 :)

I woke up around 1pm today. Yep, that lock-in was draining! Ate a lottt of food, played a lottt of games, and had quality time with the pups (we brought them since we're still crate-training Oliver, we didn't want Chloe to be jealous, and we wanted to take them out to play every couple of hours so they would be sleepy when we got home and WE wanted to sleep: mission accomplished).

I've never been one for resolutions. There. I said it.

But.

There are still a couple of things that I would like to do more often: if I don't accomplish them, I won't beat myself up about it, but it's always nice to have goals any time of the year :)

1. Take these guys out for a walk at least 4X a week.


Nate & I are so bad about this. Every night, we'll say, "Okay, TOMORROW, before dinner, we'll take the pups for a walk..." And then work happens. And when we get home, all we want to do is sit on the couch and crash. Lame... So by taking the pups for a walk 4X a week (instead of every day), I feel that is a more accomplishable (?) goal. Which leads me to #2...

2. Healthy healthy healthy!
Yes. The typical "eat better" resolution. If you do not know me but at all, know this: I do NOT eat vegetables. Nope, not a one (except dark green leafy lettuce... and corn... on occasion). Now, this isn't to say that I will be loading up my plate with veggies in 2011 (gag me now), but Nate & I feel that our cooking isn't up to par. We cook, don't get me wrong, but we also love a good ol' drive through for burgers (him) and chicken tenders (me) after work. We need to get better about that! So, 2011, cooking will be frequent and fresh and inventive. You got me? Kthanks.

That's all, really. Hopefully by taking the pups out, that will encourage our healthy habits when we eat (food/beverage choice - although I only drink water -, portion size of meal, etc). I'll keep you informed as to how many days we take the pups out.

(and a random "resolution" that I just need to improve upon: take higher quality pictures and more amounts of pictures, and get better about uploading them! I'm so lazy...)

For now, Happy New Year, and here's to 2011!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!