Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I survived! And other news...

First day was great :) I am SO tired though, definitely not used to being on my feet an entire day (two months of sitting on your tooshie can do that to you)!

We are definitely going to have to modify our schedule a bit to accommodate our 28 babies: the rotations worked beautifully, but when the kiddos were altogether, it = a bit of craziness. Our morning work was fine (once they sat down: putting backpacks away was a bit of an ordeal, but it won't be like that tomorrow I'm sure.. again, it was the first day), gathering for lunch to pray was fine, but I need to invest in a large tote for lunchboxes so THAT isn't an ordeal. At the end of the day, we came back together for snacktime/prep to go home, but I think we will stay split for that... We shall see!

As far as "lessons" go, we accomplished reading "My First Day of School" and discussed how the book related to the things we did in our class. We also read "The Kissing Hand" and talked about first day feelings. We traced our hands and sponge-painted a heart in the middle. We also read about Kindergarten and illustrated ourselves/what we looked like on the first day. I am excited to see the growth they will achieve this year: it is amazing! We also worked with math manipulatives (free exploration).

As for my "other news", I am "closing" this blog down because our school has new e-mail addresses, so the e-mail I use for this blog will no longer be needed. I will be combining my "home/life" blog with my "school" blog (www.chrissyandnathan.blogspot.com), so make sure if you follow THIS blog, you go HERE and follow my other blog! I will leave this site up and running (I guess it can still do that?) but I will no longer be posting here. Again, www.chrissyandnathan.blogspot.com, go now and follow there to continue getting school updates from myself!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!