Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Kissing Hand

As custom in most Kinder classrooms, we read "The Kissing Hand" on the first day of school to talk about first day feelings. Here is what we did!
The kiddos write their name (good assessment of incoming skill level) and trace their hand, coloring their skin with a skin color crayon. I write how they felt in yellow and they trace. We also use a heart sponge to paint a heart.
I also got a poem from my cooperating teacher during student teaching (April at ChalkTalk: I'm lucky, I know)! It is so sweet, correlates with the first day of Kinder and The Kissing Hand, and it is a good keepsake for parents. We paint handprints also to remember those precious fingers! Apparently I didn't take a picture of it, so just pretend :)

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!