Friday, October 14, 2011

Things: Fall Porch


One of my favorite pastimes of fall (well, for the past two fall seasons that we have been married) has been purchasing pumpkins and creating displays! See last year's porch display here.

A lot didn't change from last year to this year. I still brought out my $8 Walmart scarecrow (his name is Randall) and the wreath I made last year. The only difference this year is that I added a Hobby Lobby Halloween sign to the middle of the wreath (after 10/31, I will take the sign out and leave the plain wreath up until Thanksgiving).

This year, I wanted to use two brown urns that we have to create a pumpkin topiary of sorts that I pinned (of course) on Pinterest via The Soladay Family:


So Nate and I headed to our local garden store and picked up two large pumpkins and two pie pumpkins for the tops. We get home... they are TOO small for the urns. If we put them in, you could only see the tops... barely...

The urns got nixed and I stacked two pumpkins, painted some cute ol' polka dots, and added a ribbon... Now before anyoneee says it, I know: they look like SNOWMEN. Gr. But if you look past the obvious, it looks like cute pumpkins stacked together :)

(sorry for the TERRIBLE pictures: our ginormo tree in the front yard makes it impossible to get a well lit picture any time of the day...)





That's how I see it.

Hooray for fall!


1 comment :

  1. So cute! The polka dots are precious. I think pumpkins are one of the the best things about the fall!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!