Tuesday, July 24, 2012

[taste] Mini Apple Pies

Y'all.

(I can say that, I'm from Texas)

I found this recipe for mini apple pies from Little Bit Funky and I immediately knew I wanted to try it. Now I am not a chef/baker at all. That would be a hugeee stretch to say that! But since I'm home for the summers, I figured why not.

We used Granny Smith apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon for the apples (the recipe calls for nutmeg but we didn't have any nor do I like nutmeg). My favorite part is using refrigerated Pillsbury pie crusts (semi-homemade baking, my favorite).

I used a Mason jar as my cookie cutter for the bottoms of the pie, used my mini muffin pan, and assembled. 400 degrees 18-20 minutes later and you have a delicious mini apple pie! They were divine. DIVINE.

Click on the link above to visit Little Bit Funky to get the full recipe. You won't regret it! And if I (a non-baker) can make them taste yummy, you definitely can too!

Happy Tuesday!


6 comments :

  1. This looks amazing!! Yum!

    Haha I'm from NY and I still say y'all, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never made pie before, so this would be a good place to start! They are soo cute and they look pretty simple to make:) I just may have to make these sometime soon. I'm pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I wanted one when you posted it on instagram the other day! they are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUUUUMMMYYYY!!! I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did!! Would love it if you subscribed to me as well! :)

    http://livefortoday-hopefortomorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!