Wednesday, September 12, 2012

[make] Felt Flower Pillow

We have this u-g-l-y Ikea couch we inherited from my brother when he moved to South Korea. It's not that it's "ugly" but it's definitely more apartment/college dorm room friendly and not fit for our living room. However, we are still using it until we purchase another couch or love seat.

To spice up the couch, I wanted to make some new pillows! I had this fantastic black and white striped fabric. Simply sew most of the edges, leaving a bit of space to turn it right side out and then stuff the pillow. Stitch up that side closed and you have a pillow! I used mustard yellow felt to add some felt flowers to give some pizazz and cuteness.

I used this: one large felt circle, obviously not cut perfectly. About 8 medium sized circles and 5 small circles...

 To make this! Just use hot glue. A crafter's girl's best friend! I made two and had more photos to share but apparently I'm out of "room" on my photo storage... so as soon as I hook up Nate's external hardrive and transfer some things, I'll be back in business!


 Simple. Cute. Easy!

Happy Wednesday! So excited to head to the in-laws this weekend. Nate's brother and sister-in-law just had a baby last Friday, a  s-w-e-e-t baby girl named Clara! Expect pictures and/or cute baby things.

See where I link up: Monday Made it @ 4th Grade Frolics, Blog Hop @ Naptime Review, Tips & Tricks @ Stringtown Home, What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 


7 comments :

  1. I love the felt flowers on it! and the yellow and black and white together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest pillow EVER!! For some reason,I have never thought of pairing mustard with black and white but it works so well! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillows! you are so craft! What's wrong with the couch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!! I just love the pillow and cute flower!! DIY projects are my fave!!

    p.s. new follower, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pillow is absolutely ADORABLE. Good job! Thanks for stopping by my blog...love your blog you are stinkin cute! New follower of course! Can't wait to read more!
    XO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, how cute is that pillow?!?! the pop of the yellow in the flower against the black and white stripes is perfect:) Loving your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color that felt flower adds against the black and white stripes! Way cute.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!