Sunday, September 30, 2012

[photoaday] Week Thirty Nine

This has been one of the most fabulous weekends I have had in a while! So blessed when we can get away for the weekend to visit family and do fun things together! Let's check it all out, shall we?

Everyday with the Jays
[psst: if you take photos this week, use my button on your blog post and leave me a comment on THIS post with the link to YOUR blog post with your photos.... that's not confusing at all, is it? once you do that (and assuming you're a follower of mine), I will feature your blog one time with a few of your photos! remember, sharing is caring :)]

[sunday] 70+ attended our church services today! So excited to see what God is doing in our church- we are a blessed people! We hope that when people visit our church, they see God's love through us and our actions. We are a Jesus-centered church and I couldn't be more proud of the work that God is doing through Nate and his leadership as pastor!

[monday] Doctor's visit... two vials of blood. Thank you very much. And I have a bruise!!! One of those instances where they stick the needle in and wiggle it around because they can't find a vein. Has that ever happened to you?

[tuesday] I suppose Chloe didn't catch the memo that she is a dog and not a human being. She sat like this completely on her own... Wow...

[wednesday] One of my students had a birthday this day and these were the cupcakes his mom sent for the class. Aren't they adorable?! When I have kids, I can't wait to do all of the cutesy-creative things for their classes and birthdays!

[thursday] Roadtrip to Dallas after school! This candy is my weakness when we stop to get gas. So good!

[friday] Happy State Fair of Texas Opening Day!!! A yearly tradition we have with my family. Great food, great fun, great times! And...

Two pictures for Friday! That night, we also attended the Texas Rangers (baseball) game! We lost :( but it was still so fun to go! AND there was a fireworks show after the game. Worth it.

[saturday] We visited my grandparents today before heading back home and my Grandma went through her old sheet music (from when she was little: circa 1940s) to give to Nate and I (she knows Nate is a musician). It is so neat to see the layouts and fonts they used back in the day. They definitely don't make things like they used to! And I love seeing my Grandma's handwriting on all of it. So special to me!

Have a lovely Sunday!

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments." Deuteronomy 7:9

3 comments :

  1. Chrissy, it looks like you did have a fabulous week!! Don't you just love how pets somehow think they are human! Our dog does the same:) Baseball games and state fairs are true American activities and they are so much fun! I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you had such a good weekend! loved seeing all your pics on instagram! and those cupcakes look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great church attendance! And I love apple o's too :). The Rangers game look so fun...even if they did lose :/. Looks like an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!