Sunday, October 21, 2012

[photoaday] Week Forty Two

Bad blogger, bad blogger! Didn't post as much as I would have liked to this past week. However, surprise-surprise, I DID GET SICK. I jinxed myself and everything last week saying I haven't gotten sick in a while, and then boom: fever. So now I know to just keep my mouth shut! It only lasted for a day, but ugh, fevers just make you feel terrible, don't they? Glad to be up and at 'em!

Everyday with the Jays
[psst: if you take photos this week, use my button on your blog post and leave me a comment on THIS post with the link to YOUR blog post with your photos.... that's not confusing at all, is it? once you do that (and assuming you're a follower of mine), I will feature your blog one time with a few of your photos! remember, sharing is caring :)]

[monday] I was able to Skype with my mom and dad this evening! We do this weekly, but it is always so neat to actually see them while I talk to them. Living four hours away can be difficult at times (I know people live a lot further away from their family, but four hours is too far for this family girl)!

[tuesday] Someone got a bath tonight... Not too happy about it.

[wednesday] This is the day I left school sick (I didn't get to leave early: there was no one available to cover my class). Around 3pm, during our pep rally, is when I started feeling t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. Glad to have a hubs who will leave Wednesday night church to buy and cook me soup while I'm in bed!

[thursday] In bed on a weekday morning (when the sun is up) is foreign to me during the school year. However, I had two excellent doctors who took care of me while Nate went to work!

[friday] Since I felt much better this day, I traveled 50 minutes to the nearest Hobby Lobby and Target (that would be a one-way trip, ladies... feel my pain, I know!!!) for some retail therapy. Hey- Nate was gone to the coast on a fishing trip with some men from our church for the day, so I needed something to preoccupy my time. This worked out quite nicely!

[saturday] Saturday afternoons equal projects and experiments from Pinterest... experiments in cooking! I had pinned this copy-cat recipe for Chili's queso from The Blonde Can Cook and it was pretty good. It uses Velveeta, which I am not that big of a fan of... but it was okay.

Did everyone have a good weekend? I hope no one was sick like I was! I have 21 Kindergarteners and at least half of them have been sick during the past two weeks: fever, vomiting, and/or coughing/sore throat symptoms. And every child that has been absent has missed at least two days of school. Gotta love teaching! I am excited though because tomorrow I am getting a new student: she visited our school a couple of weeks ago and my students are so excited to make a new friend!

Have a wonderful week!

One of the verses from Nate's sermon this week (we are doing a verse-by-verse study through Hebrews: awesome things from God's word)!

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." Hebrews 2:9

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE skype! I just skyped with my sister and nephew this weekend! and that stinks what you were sick but glad you have a sweet husband to take care of you! and I need some of those crock pot bags -it would make cleaning up so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been sick! But you are a lucky lady to have Nate and two such sweet doctors taking care of you :). I LOVE the fabric you got....totally worth the long trip!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!