Thursday, January 3, 2013

[dwell] The Laundry Room...

Yep... a post about our laundry room, I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats...

So Nate and I have this deal worked out in our marriage. He does ALL of the dishes, and I mean all of them. I can count on one hand the number of times I have done a load of dishes in the 3.5 years we have been married. Isn't he amazing?! In turn, I do ALL the laundry. Sorting, washing, drying, folding, hanging, etc. Nate has nothing to do with any of the clothing, bedding, or towel situations in our house. I mean, he will help me. But he doesn't have to because it's not his job. I know I am so blessed because in some households, the wife has to do everything: dishes AND laundry included, so know that I know how lucky I am!

Anyways, since my "domain" for chores is the laundry room, it would be really sweet if it was a nice, orderly, organized, place to get things done. Our laundry room is connected to our master bedroom, and it is huge! However, there is a catch to our laundry room. It is also our storage space... you know, things that would normally go in a garage... Yep, it's all in our laundry room. Tools. Gardening equipment. Holiday decorations. All of it.


The woman who we purchased our house from decided to turn the garage into a fourth bedroom. It's a beautiful room but we reaaaallyyy miss our garage. As you can see from above, it is a bit of an eye sore to have all that junk up in there along with the washer and dryer.

Eventually, we want to have closed-cabinetry storage where floor-to-ceiling closets can house all of this... crap. Sorry, but that's what it is! But since I do the laundry way more often that we use any of that stuff, I want to revamp that side of the room first. Here are some ideas via Pinterest (source linked at the bottom of each picture: let me know if it is incorrect and/or does not work) that I would love to incorporate into our space!

A huge sink to give the dogs a bath... yes sir!
 


Source: houzz.com via Chrissy on Pinterest

Cabinets and a shelf directly above the washer/dryer. And some art would be nice too!

Another example of cabinetry and shelving.

I like this option because it is what I REALLY want: a rod for hanging clothes to dry! I'm having to use rods in our closet and it isn't the best solution.

Look at all of this organization! Stocked up dish washing detergent, extra towels, paper towels, soaps, you name it! Beautiful.


















So tell me. Do any of you have a deluxe laundry room? Not that laundry is the most glamorous of jobs, but I would love some more storage solutions and organization in there! Who is with me?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10


1 comment :

  1. So funny because I've pinned the same pins! I have BIG plans for out teeny laundry room (it's basically a closet upstairs) I don't hate doing laundry.. but I sure do hate putting it away!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!