Monday, February 4, 2013

[make] Framed Fabric Art


I've had this navy fabric print for a while now... wondering if I should make throw pillows? A runner? A skirt? But then a fortunate trip to our second chance store last weekend allowed me to purchase this huge frame for $2. TWO DOLLARS FOR A 16x20 SOLID WOOD FRAME. Yes please. My plan unfolded from there. Check it out!

Nate and I had just purchased this hammered bronze spray paint to update our builder-grade brass doorknobs (another post for another day), so I decided to give it a whirl on my $2 frame. I wanted a dark brown color and I like the hammered texture. AND the label said "wood", so it worked for me. Done and done! I don't have a before picture of the frame, but it was a typical, dingy wood frame... this spray paint gave it a new life!

Once it dried, I laid it on top of my fabric so I could cut it to the size of my frame, leaving some extra inches on the sides so I could pull it tightly once I began stapling. 
  

Pull tightly and staple around that frame! 

This frame came ready to hang with a wire. Score. Just cut a slit in your fabric to accommodate the wire and continue to staple around the frame! Afterwards, trim off your excess. I also used hot glue to secure some floppy fabric edges that you could see once I hung it up, but that step isn't necessary unless you are OCD like me.

I hung it up in our entryway and the framed fabric gives a fun pattern and hit of color without being too overbearing for the space. It's above our entry table where we lay crap mail as we come in the house. Convenient and now stylish as well! The size of the frame is my favorite.

What do you think? Doing any decorating in your house for $2 and some fabric you have laying around? Do tell. Happy Monday!

"What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 1:13

See where I link up: Monday Made it @ 4th Grade Frolics, Blog Hop @ Naptime Review, Tips & Tricks @ Stringtown Home, What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 

2 comments :

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!