Monday, April 29, 2013

[love] Secondhand Scores

There are many perks to living in a teensy tiny town. 30 second commute to work... Hardly any traffic... Everyone-knows-everyone community bond (in a good way: it can also be a bad thing). However, a downfall is that there is not much to offer in the form of shopping and entertainment. For example, the closest secondhand store is 20 minutes away in the next town and it is only open on Fridays and Saturdays. Hmph. BUT Nate and I have found some treasures each time we go, so it is definitely worth it to make the short trek for some sweet finds. Here's what we picked up this weekend!

First up: this wicker tray for $1. A great little caddy for my chalk mug, plant, and Scentsy (which I know is disgusting: I cleaned it immediately after taking this picture!) It gives a great texture along with a pop of neutral, natural fiber.


This huge basket/water canteen/thingy: $3.50. A new centerpiece for my farmhouse table! Now I need to find flowers to fill it. Probably fake ones. Don't judge ;)


Nate found this set of four "Learn-A-Language: Italian" records for $2: he loved the throwback "The Houston Post" label on it. It's unfortunate that it's ripped, but the second box in the stack has a much neater looking label. Also, if you look at the original mailing stamp, it says 1964 on it. Pretty neat! He will probably take the records out to hang up in his music nook in his office. I'll use the boxes as shelf decor :)

 He also picked up three books for $2... my little reader (photo taken from his Instagram)!

So there you have it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves to dig for treasures at secondhand stores! Okay, when I say the word "dig", I mean "look carefully". I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe :)

Happy Monday!

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

2 comments :

  1. i love that tray and that wicker vase - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that learn a language book is such an awesome find!! We have quite a few second hand stores around here that I don't visit as much as I'd like!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!