Tuesday, May 7, 2013

[teach] Teacher Appreciation Day

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day to all of my fellow teachers out there! My day included two sweet cards, chocolate, a new children's book, gift certificates for school things and Whataburger, plus a free makeup makeover that two of my parents nominated me for (and I WON) at a local spa. I also went shopping at a boutique next door where they gave teachers a free gift and 20% off shopping. AND a church member was so sweet to give me a gift card to go towards a bag I really wanted and Nate covered the rest of the cost as my Teacher Appreciation gift from him. I've been spoiled today!

 My new Consuela tote bag: I was so excited, I took a picture in the car as soon as I got inside! It's huge, durable, waterproof, and has leopard print on the inside! And the embroidery is gorgeous!
 

Gifts from school:

After my makeup makeover when Nate picked me up! The spa used Glo Mineral products: each product felt fabulous! The only thing I was unsure about was the liquid eyeliner they used on the bottom of my eyelid... a bit too much for this natural-loving girl, but I felt fabulous afterwards!

My free gift from the boutique next door to the spa: super cute, right? It's a long necklace with gray quatrefoil patterns on it. So pretty!

The gifts I purchased for myself with the 20% off deal the boutique had going on today: a new wristlet and "J" pennant banner. Great finds indeed!

Now we all know teaching isn't about the "spoils" you get, but about the impact you are making in the life of a child. So from one teacher to another, whether you teach as your profession or you teach in another form or fashion as a mentor, Sunday School teacher, or leader of a company or group, just know that your influence means a lot to those around you: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! On the hard days when no one listens to you... on the great days when everything falls into place... you have a meaningful job with a wonderful purpose! Thank you for all you do!

Happy Tuesday!

"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6



No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!