Wednesday, April 29, 2015

[life] I Can't Live Without... Photography #3

Linking up with Katie at ...for Lauren and Lauren for the "I Can't Live Without" link-up!

For Lauren & Lauren

I am a HUGE fan of photography! I'm not a professional photographer: I have no idea about light quality, ISOs (?), or how to work those fancy cameras. I'm more of a point-and-shoot gal, knowing how to have "good" light w/no shadows, and how to crop a photo to get the captured moment perfectly.

I love how photos tell a story and help remember a moment in time. Lately, Nate and I have tried to not be as "technology"- dependent and focus more on being IN the moment rather than have a phone or camera attached to our face the entire time... But I just really enjoy going back and looking at photos to see a fun or beautiful moment in time!

Here are a few of my favorite photos and moments in time:

Sunset in Destin, Florida (celebrating our 4-year wedding anniversary)

 The gorgeous landscape of our favorite Caribbean location: Roatan, Honduras

 Sneaking a kiss with Nate in a private, secluded cove in Honduras

Listening and enjoying an awesome Dave Matthews Band concert with Nate (his favorite band)

Family vacation in Cozumel, Mexico
Of course, our wedding day: this is one of my favorite photos from that day. The way we are looking at each other and how we are still so completelyyyy in love. Blessed.

One of our favorite places in the world: The Ballpark in Arlington (it will always be called that to me, although it is now called Globe Life Park)

Another favorite place: WALT DISNEY WORLD #kidsatheart

Enjoying the company of my favorite furry children friends: Chloe and Oliver
 Getting ice cream on an incredibly HOT Texas summer afternoon with our best friends

Graduating college with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education: #lifegoals

And us, today: still can't believe he's all mine!

While reminiscing and looking at these photos, I couldn't help but smile. These moments have captured just a second of an amazing day, week, or life event. Looking at these glimpses in time help me look back on what memorable moments they each were and help me remember the event(s) in full.

What are your favorite photos? We all have the obvious: vacations, marriages, babies, etc. Any out of the ordinary?

Have a great week!


9 comments :

  1. I looooove capturing memories in photos. I scrapbook a lot because I take so many pictures and I don't want them lost forever in a box. Some of my favorite things to do are go through old photos and think about the fun, the adventure, the people, the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am a photography geek!! These are all great photos. And it will always, always be the Ballpark in Arlington to me, too! I will never call it Globe Life Park. I just can’t. What year did you go to Disney World? 24 days until we leave! Wahoo! And that last picture is one of my favorites of you two. Cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE pictures also!! We are currently in the middle of some home improvements/remodeling and I CANT WAIT to get pictures hung up. I am aiming for a collage in our hallway and picking the pictures for it is my favorite part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics! Especially that last one, I think the most important thing is the subject. (: x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from The Blog Love Project and shedding you some love. Your photos are gorgeous! Congratulations on graduating. I am in the Elementary Education program striving to become a teacher myself!!
    http://theamberlynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love photography! Over the years I've managed to take thousands of photos, which are difficult to organize, but it's fun to look through them.

    A lot of my favourites are random shots of my daughter, husband and other loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love the Disney World picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love I love I love!!
    My phone always always says storage full cannot take photo. Ughhhh dumb phone! Lol
    Your photos are beautiful. I'm a sucker for wedding photos and pets!! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this post! I'm sure you know how I feel about pictures/photography! There is just something so special about being able to capture a moment in time, forever. I love being able to go back and relive a special time. There's nothing quite like it.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!