Saturday, June 19, 2010

Anniversaries, a Wedding, and Moving

It has been ONE busy week!

Nate and I haven't been in the 'Burg since last Friday! We have been traveling all around Texas, literallyyyy. Last Friday, we left to go back to Dallas to see "Wicked": the GREATEST musical of all time. It tells the story of the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda before Dorothy came to Oz. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it!

Saturday, we then drove to Mt. Pleasant to celebrate Nate's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was a fun afternoon full of sharing stories, eating yummy food, hanging with family, and listening to some good ol' fiddle playing and singing. Love Nate's family! :)

SUNDAY, was me and Nate's ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY :) I can't believe it's been a whole year! It has flown by, been full of lots of changes, but I'm so glad I get to live with my absolute best friend and share life with him :) Since it was our anniversary, we headed to the Riverwalk in San Antonio to spend the week. Our hotel was right on the Riverwalk and across the street from the Alamo. Very convenient location! We spent the week eating AMAZING food (mainly Mexican... yummm I LOVE fajitas), shopping, and doing touristy things. It was super relaxing and fantastic!

Thursday, we headed back to the big D to start packing our entire apartment to make the big official move to Sburg. Our ENTIRE apartment had to go... and it did, hallelujah! Unfortunately, quite a bit of my classroom "furniture" and supplies didn't make the journey, but we'll get them eventually! So we packed Thursday and Friday...

Until Friday evening, I went to my roommate Laura's wedding! She got married at good ol' DBU and it was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was so dainty and put together so well, it was absolutely gorgeous! She looked amazing in her dress, the colors were fantastic, and we had so much fun! It was so fun to get to hang out with all of my roommates' again. Felt like we were all living in the same apartment again!

Then TODAY, was the move. My parents and Nate's parents came to help: we are SO blessed to have such caring and considerate parents! We packed up a UHAUL, which took forevverrr because we had four flights of stairs to climb... unforunate. Luckily, it all got done. Nate and I made the drive to the Burg (and Chloe got to sleep the whole time, lucky puppy). Once we got here, a few church members helped us unload everything into a storage unit. NOW we are relaxing and hanging out... we are two worn out people! Next, shower and bed. We are also stinky people!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!