Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Home: Kitchen Intro

I'm back with another room introduction: the kitchen!

I think this may be my favorite room in the whole house. It is in the shape of a "U", starting with the dining room, working its way into the cabinets/cookware/breakfast table, then finishing up with a small hallway to our bedroom.

I painted the room Benjamin Moore's "Horizon", which is a light gray, and I really like how it pops against the white trim (really, any paint against white trim pops)! This is a corner of the dining room that has shelving for our cookbooks, as well as Chloe's treats and whatnot. Look at her little face in that picture!!! (Also, the rooster is from Pier1 and was originally $40 and I got it for $10. Holler.)

This is my "fancy" section until I get a china hutch or buffet table for the dining room. It houses our china, as well as placemats, napkins, napkin rings. We also have our small appliances and pans in the bottom cabinets.


New refrigerator. Yum!


Window above the sink. I attempted to hem (with the stitch tape stuff... it's a little crooked, but it works).


All of our cabinets: we have new hardware installed and it makes the kitchen look completely different :) Plus we got a new stove!


The breakfast table area with windows looking out to our backyard. I got the floor-to-ceiling curtains from Ikea and absolutely adore them! They are even prettier when the sun shines through them.


Another shot of the curtains with my super-cute yellow artwork from Target.


The rest of the kitchen (I'm standing in the small hallway that leads to our bedroom). I really like my yellow "plant". It's a nice pop of color.


So there you have it, my spiffed up kitch. We are hoping to get an island (someday...) and then our dining room is completely empty (unless you count empty boxes and painting supplies). Hopefully we'll get that room up and running soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!