Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Hide Clutter

It's true.

I am the BIGGEST supporter of labeling, sorting, classifying, and any other -ing describing organization. And luckily, my classroom has a plethora of shelving to contain all of my fun madness that involves labels, sorting, and classifying various items throughout my classroom.

Here are my easy-peasy labels: no fance to them, just cute font (Brady Bunch from www.dafont.com), cute pop of color, and BAM. Cuteness.



But- some of those shelves that hold your cute organized and labeled containers (or maybe even some things that aren't labeled: GASP) get a little cah-razy midway through the year, especially when five and six year olds get their hands on them.

Enter my sewing machine, some fabric from Walmart, and tension rods.

Before:
Not bad at all, actually laid out nicely, but still random and since it is the first thing you see when you come in... yeah...

 After:

  

 
A little long, but SO cute.

Ignore the messy carpet, randomness in the background. Room isn't set up yet :)


Do you bust out your inner-seamstress all in the name of your classroom? Do tell :)

1 comment :

  1. Wish I knew how to use the sewing machine that I HAD to have 3 years ago!!!

    I have to use pinking shears and a glue gun! ;)

    Love the labels!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!