Monday, July 4, 2011

DIY: 4th of July Candied Popcorn Gift

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

I am celebrating today with my husband's family, so as a little treat to snack on throughout our day I wanted to show up with a small gift (who wants to show up empty-handed, am I right?) :)

I saw this post on The Idea Room and became very excited. I was droolinggg. Candied popcorn? Okay :) Using simple ingredients I already have at home? Sure :)

I followed the recipe and YUM YUM YUM. My husband and I were constantly sneaking bites. It is ADDICTING! And you can definitely add other colors for other holidays (orange for Halloween, red/green for Christmas, etc)

Once it was done, I knew I wanted to package it cute. Duh :) So I saw this post on Tatertots and Jell-O that featured all sorts of cute 4th of July printables. I saw this adorable tag from Sugar Baby Boutique, printed it, and laminated it. Attached it to my container's lid with some red, white, and blue ribbon... Adorable! Check it out!

The candy boiling (sugar, salt, water, food coloring, vanilla)
The mixture is poured over the popcorn and mixed in! Yummm.
Both sets of colors mixed together and cooling.
My cute lids!
The finished product!
Check out The Idea Room (link above) to get the recipe and make your own batch! Yum!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!