Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday: The Little __ Dress

I am a fan of dresses. Especially during the warmer months (which is like 9 out of 12 in Texas). Today, I will be sharing some of my favorite looks/dresses that can complete the phrase "the little ___ dress": here we go!

 1. "The little flirty dress": it is made of a silky/smooth material, shows the right amount of leg, and fits your body like a glove.

Dress: Ross ($12)
Shoes: Payless (about 2.5 years ago)
Gold earrings: Charming Charlies

 2. "The little Cayman dress": I call it this because it was purchased in Grand Cayman Islands! When you are out on vacation, especially to different countries, it is fun to purchase clothes too (who said clothes couldn't be a souvenir?) I usually purchase scarves, but there were ZERO. And this is fun because it can be dressed down for the beach or dressed up for work/church (I have already worn it multiple times to both). AND my sister in law purchased the same dress, so we are twins.

Dress: Cayman Island gift shop ($10)
Sunglasses: Francesca's (boutique)

 3. "The little sunny dress": I usually gravitate toward neutral colors (blacks, browns, etc) but sometimes you need that sunny little number in your closet (especially when you are going on a cruise)! This bright yellow dress does just that.

Dress: American Eagle (2.5 years ago, my mom got it for me as a honeymoon dress)
Necklace: Kohl's

 4. "The little black dress": Of course I couldn't compile a dress list without having the epitome of dresses included! Every closet (female, of course), should contain a little black dress. This particular dress isn't revealing with its capped sleeves and higher neckline, but it feels so "Hepburn" to me in its classic lines and simple detail (and I am cheesin' REAL hard in this picture... I was excited to eat my prime rib at dinner that night)!

Dress: Target
Necklace: Forever 21

 5. "The little flowy dress": You know, dresses with lots of "flow" to them? The ones that make you look like you are pregnant? To some, this dress may be unflattering... BUT, to those I say "psh"! This dress is SO comfortable. Slides on, you can BREATHE and move around with ease. Sometimes, that is more important (especially when teaching 27 Kindergartners)!

Dress: Ross
Cardigan: New York and Co.
Necklace: Charming Charlie's (I think)
Wristlet: Vera Bradley

6. "The little maxi dress": I feel like maxi dresses are one of the staples of summer time. They are long (so if you are lazy like me and forget to shave your legs, here ya go), flowy, and usually have a fun print or detail. This particular dress was purchased for my brother's wedding (where I am a bridesmaid and Nate is a groomsmen), but I'm glad I can still wear it even after the "I do's".

Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: Target

What is your favorite style of dress?



1 comment :

  1. Can't go wrong with a little black dress! Love it paired with the black necklace.

    I've got a "What I Wore" linky on Wednesdays if you'd like to join in, too!

    http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesday-versace-for-hm.html

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!