Friday, December 30, 2011

Make: Hot Cocoa Stirrers

Again, another post on a Christmas gift I made this year (of course, the idea came from Pinterest and I modified it slightly)! For my first Christmas gift post (fleece scarves with a flower pin), go here.

Working at a school, you want to give a gift to those teachers that are on your "team": the ones you work with the most. However, you don't want to break the bank either! This is the perfect "sweet" sentiment to make for your coworkers:

I found these ADORABLE hot cocoa stirrers on Pinterest that were homemade. She made an assortment of chocolate and peanut butter stirrers and then added multiple ingredients to the top (chocolate chip, candy cane, marshmallows, coconut) to give them some flair.

I only created two different stirrers: a chocolate and a peanut butter. You melt chocolate and peanut butter chips in a bowl and then dip your spoon (plastic) into the melted goodness. Put on a sheet of wax paper and quickly add your extras before it cools!

We (because we made these when Sam and Scott were in town, so she helped!) put marshmallows and Hershey's candy cane kisses (zested, ha) on the chocolate spoons. To the peanut butter spoons, we added mini chocolate chips (it makes the spoon look like a chocolate chip cookie)!


After making the spoons and letting them harden in the refrigerator, it was time to package. I cut off the top of a Ziploc bag to get started.


I added three spoons to each package and tied with a string of jute.


Add this to a cute mug filled with packages of instant hot cocoa and you are all set!


I actually made some extras to keep at my house and they are deliciousss when stirred in with some hot cocoa!

See where I link up: Blog Hop @ Naptime Review, Tips & Tricks @ Stringtown Home, What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 


1 comment :

  1. So cute! A friend made those in high school and they were so tasty- it kind of makes me want to try them!
    Happy New Year! I hope you are enjoying your time off!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!