Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring/St. Patrick's Day Wreath

As February draws to a close, my friend Bonnie and I thought it would be a great idea to make a wreath for St. Patrick's Day (otherwise known as my Grandma's birthday and a holiday that gets way overlooked)!


If you remember my wreath from February, it is a simple foam wreath form wrapped in burlap. I attached a red burlap heart to it (with pins) that can easily come off. Presto, change-o, it's ready to be Spring/St. Patrick's Day-ified!

I found this amazing tutorial over at Mrs. Priss for these super cute button/flower/rosette/things and they could not be EASIER to make. Here's how!

Cut your felt into 2 inch strips.

 Hot glue the edges together (I took pictures of two different colors of felt... yeah...).

Cut itty bitty cuts about a 1/2 inch apart all the way down on the FOLD side (and only halfway through your felt fold: don't cut all the way through)!

 Start rolling and gluing.

Rolling and gluing.

 Floof and voila! Super cute button/flower/rosette thing!

I used a green polka dotted ribbon as my theme ribbon for the month.

Attach on the foam wreath with pins. Again, lifesavers! I have been adoring the wreaths that have a cluster of button/flower/rosette things on one side, so that was the look I was going for!

I did various shades of green and pops of orange in honor of St. Patrick's Day and the Irish flag. To turn it into Spring time, just trade out the oranges and the dark greens for some yellows and pinks!

I will add updated pictures of my finished wreath as soon as I remember to take a picture of it outside in the sunshine :)

(I plan on adding a banner thang that says "Lucky" across the top, inspired from this photo via Miss Lovie Creations and this website.)

Happy almost-March!


4 comments :

  1. Adorable Chrissy! I LOVE those rosettes...never seen any like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable! I love burlap and the felt rosettes. I wish that was hanging on my door! Great job!! Happy thursday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love this! Especially the flowers mixed with the burlap! Thanks for sharing at Cutesy Monday!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    P.S. Have you entered the uVinyl onesie giveaway yet? I'd love for you to enter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! stopping by from Hailey's on fb :). happy day to you. Annette ☺

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!