Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Front Porch Upgrade

12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. 
Song of Solomon 2:12

I never told you all about my front "porch" (actually, it's more of a stoop, but we'll go with porch) urns. I had always wanted beautiful, sturdy, stone urns to put seasonal plants in... but like I always say, I am cheap like to find a good deal :)

I purchased two $5 PLASTIC urns from Wal-Mart and then I bought an $3 can of spray paint... I forget what kind/brand/name it is but it makes whatever you're painting look (and feel) like stone. It is typically in all spray paint sections. It feels/looks rough and textured and I couldn't be happier that I spent $13 on two "stone" urns!

Now for the upgrade: I bought two hanging baskets that were full of white impatiens (like we planted in our flower beds, see here). Nate and I popped off the hanging part, put a brick in each urn (to set the flowers higher), and plopped each basket into the urn. Voila: instant plants without all the fuss and muss!



Adds such spring happiness to the house! Now I need to work on those steps... YUCK. I want to paint them but I will need to find durable outdoor paint since these get used daily.

Such a simple upgrade! I had never thought to use hanging baskets as planters before and it was so easy and definitely makes a huge difference!

See where I link up: Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy
 

5 comments :

  1. Those urns sure gussy up your front entry! I love white flowers - very retty and elegant at the same time! Well done, Chrissy (and Nate!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site, and I like it.
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great addition to your front porch:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! White flowers are my favorite, too!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!