Sunday, December 2, 2012

[dwell] Do You Have An Advent Calendar?

Since December began yesterday, I have been itching to get an Advent calendar of some sort going. I made one a couple of years ago that had various Christmas-y things to do each day (Christmas cards, movies, cookies, etc)... but then I needed the cardboard for another project, so it is no longer with us.

When we have kids, I want to have an ornament Advent calendar, where we hang an ornament on the tree each day as we count down the days to Christmas. But since we have no kids this year, that won't be happening. I really like this one from Bower Power:


I found this lovely list of scriptures to read on Pinterest: a sort of "scripture" Advent calendar, if you will? Nate and I read the first one last night, so hopefully we keep this up!


I also found this list of Christmas goodies to do during the month of December. I may condense it to 25 items (and I'll need to double up on a couple of days since it is already December 2nd).


What do you do to countdown the holiday? Religious? Secular? Do tell.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." Luke 2:14
 

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE this idea! The scripture reading is awesome! Have to show this idea to my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when we have kids I want an advent calendar too - or one with different activities. there are so many cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do one now but I def would love to do this when we have children in the future. The scripture one is really neat!!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!