Sunday, June 16, 2013

[life] Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to the absolute, best Daddy I know :)

He is sweet, loving, adores my mom, brother, and I, as well as both of our spouses.

He babysits our pups even though he isn't the biggest fan of the animal kingdom ;)

I inherited his quiet spirit when amongst a crowd, as well as his narrow feet, although he is a whiz at math and figuring things out, which I definitely did NOT inherit- just ask Nate ;) He has always been there to lend a helping hand for all of Nate and I's antics when it comes to home improvement!

He always gave me shoulder rides when I was little, flew me like Superman into my bedroom at night to tuck me in, and stirred my ice cream until it was silky smooth and soft... which I do, and make Nate do as well for me, to this day.

I hope you have a fabulous day, Dad, and thank you for always being around/involved/active in my life since the day I was born! I love you so so SO much!


I hope everyone out there is having a blast with the fathers in their lives: dads, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, husbands, etc. I know it can be a difficult day for some, for those who have lost their fathers or who never knew their fathers. We are a blessed people to have our eternal Father in Heaven who watches over us and knows our hearts from the inside out! God is the ultimate Father, the Father who our earthly fathers should model and reflect in our lives. Be thankful not only this day, but every day for your earthly fathers and your Heavenly Father! Thank you Lord for all of your goodness :)

Have a great week everyone!

"The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him." Proverbs 23:24

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!