Monday, June 17, 2013

[make] Chalkboard Glass Bottles

Another summer project crossed off the list! And it is s-u-p-e-r easy too. I actually finished these well before my vacation last week, but we were too busy having fun for me to write a blog post on it! I figured you all would understand :)


I used an old Mason jar, a Sta*bucks Frappucino bottle, and a Sweet Tea bottle. Any glass would work, really! Just depends what you'd like to use.

This stuff is fantastic. Chalkboard spray paint, yes ma'am. 

I took the bottles outside and used an old gift box top that I had on hand as their base to stand on while they got their new look... I did two coats on them, plus laid them on their sides so I could get the bottoms. Consistent spraying back and forth will prevent drips (although I did have a couple of drips still... ugh).


I love the way they look vintage-y and matted. These would look awesome if you had a bunch lined up on a shelf too!


But the fun does not stop there. I plan on using a 3-lettered "theme" word for each month to write on the bottles. This may change over time if I move them to another place in my house, but for now, they will be themed art :) June's word is "SUN" since summer is officially here!


Here's what I have for the other month's so far... the ones that are blank I cannot think of a 3-lettered word that "goes" with that month: I only have half of the months figured out!!! If you have any suggestions, feel free to share!

Jan:
Feb: LUV
Mar:
Apr:
May:
June: SUN
July: USA
Aug: ABC (Since I'm a teacher and all, and it's back to school time!)
Sept:
Oct: BOO
Nov:
Dec: JOY

Happy Monday!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15






***update: I just noticed that I am TWO followers away from 200. I mean, I know that isn't a big number for many because so many of you are well past that! BUT one of my 30 before 30 (I mean, that is still 3 and a half years away, so I've got time) is to get 1,000 followers. Let's see if I can make it to 200 by the end of the day or at least the end of the week! Tell your friends ;)


See where I link up: Monday Made it @ 4th Grade Frolics, What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Monday Funday @ C.R.A.F.T./Lines Across/Uncommon Designs/That's What {Che} Said/Creatively Living, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Inspiration Exchange @ Clean & Scentsible (and others), Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 

4 comments :

  1. These are super cute! Such a fun idea, I need to make them for myself!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan - New (new year?)
    Nov - THX (thanksgiving?)

    that's hard - but cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley stole the two I thought of, lol !!!

    Such a neat idea!

    March (pot) - like pot of gold?
    April (wet) April showers?
    Sept (end) like end of summer ?

    I know, lame. I tried, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO cute! I love them! Now I wanna make some too. I've been thinking hard over here and nothing's comin to me...except maybe for May you could just keep it MAY? Lol. That's all I got!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!