Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[life] 4th of July Recap

If you follow me on Instagram (chrissydj), you have already seen these pictures :) Get ready!

As many of you know, Nate and I celebrated the 4th with my family in Dallas. Loved spending time with them doing fun things! My brother had to work on the actual 4th of July, so we had a family cook out on the 3rd of July. It's how we roll :)


We had red/white/blue everything! Mom and I went a bit crazy, but everyone loved the little touches and showing of patriotic pride throughout our food and decor... Is that a thing? Okay, okay... our showing of USA love. How about that?

On the actual 4th of July, my mom, Nate, and I headed to the Ballpark in Arlington to watch our beloved Texas Rangers (Major League Baseball, for those of you unaware). We had a BLAST, had awesome seats, the Rangers WON, and there were awesome fireworks afterwards!

Then on Friday, July 5th, my dad, brother, and sister-in-law joined us at ANOTHER Rangers game! This time, they were playing the Astros (also known as the Enemy-ha!). Another great night because the Rangers won again and there were more fireworks!!!

It was a wonderful time with family and celebrating the good ol' US of A. And what a perfect coincidence that the Rangers' colors are red/white/blue. How fitting!

How did you and your family celebrate the 4th? Food? Swimming? Ballpark visits like us? Do tell.

Happy Tuesday!

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:0


3 comments :

  1. love all the pictures! sounds like the perfect Holiday weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! loved seeing your instagram pictures! and those decorations/sweets are so cute! how fun to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Looks like such a great time! I love how you and your mom went all out with the red, white and blue decor!

    I would love to do a game during a holiday too! It seems so much more exciting than usual.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!