Sunday, July 13, 2014

[love] Anniversary Recap

Sorry for my lack of posting: the past month has been crazy! After our anniversary weekend, Nate was admitted to the hospital! Crazy, I know. He had appendicitis and had to get his appendix removed, which knocked him out for about a week or so. He couldn't lift over 20lbs, so I had a LOT to do around here, especially since we were leaving to go to the beach for the week with his family. Crazy! So we had the appendix episode, we were at the beach, I had GT training for 5 days, it was the 4th of July and we were out of town, and then I've been in my classroom basically all week trying to get a head start on setting it up (I got new carpet this summer so my room was a wreck)! I know, these are ALL excuses. BUT here's a post that was meant to go live the day before Nate's appendix... whoops! I have missed y'all!

 
To see my review of the hotel we stayed at during our anniversary weekend, click here.

Nathan and I were excited to spend our five-year anniversary weekend in Austin, which is only 1.5 hours from our home. We felt less pressure to "do" everything and "eat" everything we wanted, simply because we can go back anytime. It was so nice! Here's a recap of the things we saw and ate (of course!) during our weekend. I'll let the pictures do the talking :)










































A snippet of the times we had in Austin: such an AMAZING city and there is plenty more that we want to see and do! Thankful that it is a short distance away. Everything we ate was delicious (as you can tell from the pictures above) and the stores/shops we visited were so fun. I highly recommend a trip to ATX if you have never been!

Happy Sunday! And here's hoping that a regular posting routine will soon commence...

P.S. I am taking part in a Scavenger Hunt with the gals at BlogHoppin, which is a teacher blog: if I get at least 105 points between now and Aug. 6th, I will be entered into a drawing to win some FAB prizes, which include a Canon Rebel camera!!!! So, sorry to be blowing up y'alls Instagram feeds, but #sorrynotsorry ;) Have a good weekend!


1 comment :

  1. oh my word. the food looks AHHHHMAZING! Seriously my stomach is growling at the sight!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!