Monday, July 14, 2014

[love] #shereadstruth


One of my 30 before 30 items is to complete the Beth Moore "Esther" bible study on my own. This is proving to be difficult (I mean, I still have 2.5 years to complete my list, so we'll see) because I find that it is such a beautiful thing to have a community of believers to participate in a study with.

I was a part of our Women's Bible Study at my church, but while that is still going on currently, I have taken up the teaching of our Children's Bible Study that occurs at the same time. While I do miss the community of ladies sharing and learning together, I felt that it was important to serve my church in this way by leading the children's ministry.

Luckily, I found "She Reads Truth", an online community of girls/ladies who participate in bible studies together online. I'm not sure if you follow me on Pinterest, but I have been "pinning" the lessons like crazy: they are that good! The team just finished posting a study on Ruth, and are currently doing a study on The Sermon on the Mount. It is great too if you are on the go or have a crazy schedule, because they leave all the posts up: when Nate went into the hospital and we then went on vacation, I was able to pick up where I left off once we returned to a state of normalcy.

This is a free website, by the way. Each day, there is a new study posted. It is short, supplies the scripture reference(s) you will need, and there is always a visual to "pin" or even use as your phone wallpaper: this is my current wallpaper (it's Ruth 2:12, the "memory verse" for the week):