Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kindergarten: Inservice

I know, I know. I didn't finish the house intro.

Because my life has taken a sudden shift: KINDERGARTEN. I am SO excited to share pictures :) Only... my room is not quite finished yet. You see, most of my teaching stuff was still in Dallas up until a month ago. We were still doing house stuff and youth events, so my classroom was the last thing on my mind. However, as soon as August hit, I got my rear in gear.

It's SO CLOSE to being done. My theme: We are WILD about Kindergarten! Jungle/animal print theme. So excited! Since it is a Catholic school, we are also required to have a "Religious" spot in our room/center. Mine is set up towards the back of the room in a corner, with the picture of St. Rose (I think), a crucifix, and age-appropriate Christian books.

It's really awesome to be able to work for a school where you know the true hearts of your co-workers, as well as hang signs such as "God is Love" and scripture verses around your classroom.

I am so extremely blessed because I have made a new friend, and I can already tell it's going to be a lasting friendship! Like me, she is also a non-Catholic, so our beliefs are similar (she, a Methodist; me, a Baptist). Not that "labels" matter, because we have talked to each other about our beliefs, our relationships with Christ, and how we feel about different issues in the religious/secular worls. It's AMAZING to have this type of friendship with someone!

As for actually starting school, that's a little bit of womp-womp going on. However, I think it will be a fun year (especially because I'm BACK in Kinder)!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!