Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dinner Dishes: Honey Lime Chicken, "Wingstop" Fries, and Homemade Ranch!

Now if you know me but at ALL, you know that I am not a chef. I'm not creative with food and I eat like a 5 year old (that is, I'm incredibly picky... I mean INCREDIBLY). So today Nate and I took our usual grocery shopping trip with a mission: at least ONE new recipe. We popped open a Rachael Ray cookbook and found a delicious gem. Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches.

It all starts with a chicken breast. You create a dressing of honey, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, and cumin. Drizzle over the chicken and grill. After grilling, slice diagonally and put on a kaiser roll. YUM! Here's the "official" recipe from Ray herself here.

Nate's sandwich prep: red onions, tomatoes, and avocados. 

Our chicken all sliced up, ready to be stacked on our kaiser rolls.

Final product! Can you guess which sandwich belongs to me? (cough, cough, the one on the right: I HATE vegetables).


YUM.


Also in honor of our grocery shopping trip, we decided to create homemade ranch dressing (you can see it above next to our fries... I'll get to those in a second too). I'm sorry, but the stuff in the bottle is disgusting. It's too thick and intense. YUCK. I came across Angie's blog here where she created homemade ranch dressing. It is DELICIOUS. Mayonnaise, buttermilk, ranch dressing mix, dill, cayenne, paprika, black pepper... it's SO easy. Mix and refrigerate! 

When we created THAT new addition to our kitchen (rhyme? no?), we decided we needed some "Wingstop" fries... Now, if you know Wingstop, their fries are little pieces o'amazingness. Their secret: SUGAR (I googled it just to make sure). There's an official recipe that's a "secret" (hmph), so people online have said to add sugar and seasoned salt. We had frozen fries (I'm not in need of homemade fries too), and when they had about two minutes left to cook, we took them out and sprinkled red seasoned salt and sugar on them. YUM. Please do it. They are delicious. Especially with the homemade ranch dressing mentioned earlier.

We had a fun day of trying new things in the kitchen. What adventures have you done in the world of cooking?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!