Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas "Mantel"


Yes, yes. We don't have a fireplace. Therefore, no mantel.

However, we have a lovely bookcase/buffet/shelving unit from Ikea that pretty much fits the bill!


Last year for Christmas/my birthday (25th/26th), pretty much my entire family conspired behind my back and got me the complete Willow Tree nativity! Wahoo! All I need is the creche, and Nate's Mimi told me she's getting me that this year. Sweet!


Since the complete reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our Savior, there is no better mantle "decor" than that! Holla! The Willow Tree nativity is gorgeous and so beautifully handcrafted. If you do not have a nativity and would like to invest in one, I highly recommend it!

Behind the nativity, I nestled a bunch o' gold ribbon, just for kicks. It adds some ambiance I think. Also, we have our red stockings that we got from my aunt the Christmas before we were married. A couple of frosted/glittery gold ornaments to hang with them and they are all set! I also created a simple banner that reads "Believe" with card stock and twine.


A simple, but sweet Christmas mantle for our 2nd Christmas as husband and wife (and puppy)! Check out Layla's blog at www.theletteredcottage.net  for a Holiday Mantle linky party! Happy Holidays!

9 comments :

  1. What a beautiful set up you have! I love the "Believe" -- that just tops it off.

    We have the nativity too -- and my grandfather made us a barn/manger for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep your right, no better thing than the nativity for Christmas decor. Love your "mantle". It's beautiful and I love Willow Tree. Hope you get the creche to complete your set this year, however, even if you don't it's still beautiful.

    Visiting from Layla's.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your family to get you this lovely nativity set...great banner!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting an Christmas Open House on 12/9…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!
    That looks super sweet! I agree, the Willow Tree Nativity set is so simple and beautiful. I think it looks great in your place. (Every time I see it in a store, the stars are one of my favorite parts!)
    Hope you and Nate are having a good Christmastime and enjoying starting new traditions as your own little fam! (I'm loving that part of marriage! Just have to sort through all the ideas, and then make sure Garret and I follow through on them, lol!)
    - Leslie L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chrissy! Brian has given me parts of the Willow Tree Nativity each year we have been married- we finished the collection this year! I just LOVE it!
    How is teaching kindergarten? I am a second grade teacher-- boy howdy am I ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! You definitely have a talent for decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same nativity set... and I got the creche for my birthday. It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you like kindergarten! 2nd grade is really great... I taught 3rd for 2 years before I started in 2nd, so the step down was refreshing. The students are really sweet and I have been lucky to have a good class for the past two years.
    I'm excited to have a new blog friend! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! I have some willow tree figurines and I really want the nativity set, I think I am going to hint around at it for christmas, I want the starting pieces and I'll just add to it every year.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!