Monday, March 28, 2011

Friday Favorites

I know, I know. I haven't done a REAL post in such a long time. I'm lame. And really have zero excuse. I've been keeping up with my teacher blog, but I need to pay attention to this ol' thang too! Nate's completed some fun manly projects around the house, so I will share those soon too.

Now, on with the FF post!

1. Dairy Queen Blizzards

source

We have a Dairy Queen in town, which I am so happy about because there were NO DQs in the town we lived in before now! Their food is meh, but their Blizzards... YUM! My favorite is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... So good! It's full of calories and all sorts of sugar, but if you have them in moderation, it is good with me- and by moderation, I mean once a week :)


2. Moms




My mom visited us this weekend! We have a HUGE flea market/antique sale (Warrenton/Round Top) going on near us and in the fall, it was so fun! It is back for its spring sale and we went yesterday. I came home with a few glass bottles, a green thing for spring decor, some scrabble letters/letter die for future projects, a wrought iron swirly thing for above our bed, and I think that's it. It's so nice to have a mom who is involved in your life and unconditionally loves you and you can call her your best friend :)


3. Zoo

source

I took my class (18 five and six year olds), along with my aide and 12 (holla) chaperones to the zoo on Friday! It was so fun! The zoo is one of my absolute favorite places. The animals are just so fun: it literally freaks me out that all of these animals are right in the middle of the city! So fun! The kids had a great time, we didn't lose anyone, and the weather was nice :)


4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

source

My HTC Inspire Android (name dropping, forgive me) has a Reader App on it. One of the free books it came with was "Alice's Adventure in Wonderland". Alice in Wonderland is probably on my top 5 of favorite Disney classic movies. I watched it CONSTANTLY when I was younger! Sure, it was weird, but I really liked it. Seeing the book on my phone for FREE made me so excited! I've never read it before, so when I get a chance, I can read it :) So fun.


5. Planners

source

I am an organization kind of gal. Planners, color-coding, labels... All these things make me happy. What doesn't make me happy is when people (ahem, doctor offices) stray from their schedules and CANCEL ON YOU. Sheesh, isn't that the point of planners? Anyhoo, I enjoy getting to scratch things off my to-do list in my planner, write down important dates/events/schedules, and highlighting in various colors for more organization. If you came to my classroom, you probably wouldn't be able to see that much organization, but I promise it's there! I'll get on it this summer :)

Have a great week everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!