Wednesday, January 25, 2012

100th Day of School is Tomorrow!

One of the most epic days in Kindergarten: the 100th day of school! My kiddos have been counting and counting and COUNTING down to this day since September. HOORAY! (For some reason, a few of them thought it was the last day of school, hahaha).

I will definitely take pictures tomorrow but here are some things I did last year (some will be repeats again this year and some will not make an appearance again):


Age writing. We compared what we look like now to what we could look like when we are 100 years old. Many kids added canes, wrinkles, and gray hair!

We made a link chain with 100 links... but we won't be doing this activity this year. Since I have 27 kiddos, construction paper is precious and can't be wasted!

Painted strips of paper with 10 dots and then attached 10 of them to a headband (10 sets of 10 makes 100)! Again, won't be doing it this year. We will color 10 different colored sets of polka dots on a headband. We'll see!

New additions to this year's plans:
*Make 100-glasses (a pair of glasses to wear shaped like the number 100)
*Writing: If I had 100 ____, I would...
*Travel 100 steps away from our classroom and leave a sign for others to find
*(and hopefully) Have a cake shaped like a 100 (rectangle and two circles? maybe? we'll see)

Stay tuned for an update!


3 comments :

  1. So fun! Love all your ideas! I bet your kiddos adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award on my blog...check it out :)

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for 100th day! I believe you are a few days ahead of us! third grade doesn't do anything for 100th day but I think we in the early 90's - I'm ready to be past 100! Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!