Monday, July 2, 2012

How To Pouf

Remember how I asked for help on conquering the pouf?

Well you delivered. Through suggestions and the ever-helpful Pinterest, I was able to make adorable poufs and decorate my cousin's wedding shower accordingly.

Now you can make your own poufs too! Here's how.

I used a 10-pack of tissue paper to make one pouf. You can use more/less tissue depending on how round you want your pouf to be.

Stack them altogether, like so.

Start folding them accordion style... back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Make sure to keep it even! Mine kept trying to separate, grrr.

Side shot.

Use floral wire to secure the middle of your pouf.

Like so.

Depending on how you want your ends to be, cut accordingly. I wanted rounded petals, so I cut mine like so. You could also do pointy ends if you wanted to.

After cutting, you will carefully separate each tissue, pulling it out and "floofing" it as you go. Then you should get something along these lines:

Here are the poufs in action: we used string to attach the pouf to the chandelier in the dining room (we tied the string to the floral wire in the middle of the pouf).



Small cost. Big impact!

Happy Monday! I have to go to the dentist today for a follow-up (the dentist wasn't there when I last went... the dental hygienist had a look around but now the dentist has to also). So womp womp about that, but otherwise have a lovely day!

See where I link up: What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 


7 comments :

  1. i've made these for bridal showers - they turn out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! ever since I've learned how to "pouf" as you say, I use them to decorate EVERYTHING! They are pretty awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! So glad you posted a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! I'll have to come back to this tutorial for future showers I'm helping throw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I almost want to host an event now just so I can have an excuse to decorate! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun. I think EVERYONE should learn how to do this...it's way too adorable!! Great tutorial! Would be super delighted if you could link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/07/mop-it-up-mondays-24.html.
    Thanks so much!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love poufs! I'm featuring these tonight at my link party! Thanks so much for linking up!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!