Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

One of my f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e holidays of the year! Happy 4th of July everyone!

May God continue to bless our country and continue to be with us in all that is done for our country. 

May God also bless all of the men and women who continue to fight for our freedoms. Freedom is definitely not free and for that, we all thank you!

In the spirit of the holiday, I have decorated my wreath of the month (my burlap wreath that I am reusing) in red, white, and blue! First, a review of what has been created so far...
February, March, April and May/June: click on the month name for its specific post.
(June does not have its own wreath because I was hardly home during the month of June!)

Onward with the patriotic wreath!

First, I cleared off the previous month's adornments and added a cute red/gingham ribbon as my tie.


Next, I gathered my fabrics/materials (all of which were scraps): light blue polka dot fabric, red felt (left over from my flower headbands), and white tulle.

Cut your blue and red fabrics into two inch strips.

On the left side of your foam wreath, begin wrapping your blue strips around the side, using my favorite dress pins to secure the strips to the wreath.

Use your white tulle and begin wrapping the right side of the wreath. A skinny dress pin will not secure the tulle since it is so delicate, so I just tied a knot at the very bottom where it is out of sight. And yes, I'm wearing my yellow pajama pants :)

Wrap your red strips around the white tulle, leaving space (these will be the "stripes").

I thought I was done, but I wanted a little adornment to be stars with the blue, so I cut little squares of white tulle and folded it in half about 4 times and then folded it diagonally (kind of..? you just have to play with it) until it looked like a little pouf... thingy!

Ta-da! Makes you want to sing "Stars and Stripes Forever", doesn't it?

And for its outside placement...



Yay for wreaths! But wait, there's moreeee!

Last year, I made a yummy treat (candied popcorn, mmm) for my in-laws and brother/sister-in-law because we started a family vacation on the 4th last year. Here is a photo and go here for the post.


I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating our nation's birthday! Eat some grilled food, go swimming, spend time with loved ones, eat a snow cone or cotton candy, and watch some beautiful fireworks! Have a great day!

See where I link up: What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots, Craft-O-Manic Monday @ Craft-O-Manic, Link Party @ Uncommon, Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts, Show Me What Ya Got Linky Party @ Not JUST A Housewife, {Wow Me Wednesday} @ Ginger Snap Crafts, Link Party @ Destination: Craft, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick, Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello, What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy 


1 comment :

  1. This wreath is awesome! I love how you can change it out for the different holidays. I need to try this. I have to many wreaths that I have to store :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment: thank you for leaving some love!